PDA

View Full Version : Greater Flamingo

Subramanya_CK
19-02-2010, 09:14 AM
Hi All,

Posting after a very long time...... So nice to see you all after a long time. :-)

Made this image in Jamnagar last month

Bibhav Behera
19-02-2010, 09:45 AM
A lovely sight. I like the pose of the bird. I would reduce the saturation a bit. The reds look a bit hot to me. Overall this is nice. Thanks for sharing.
Please do post EXIF info too :)

Mrudul Godbole
19-02-2010, 10:23 AM
Welcome back :)

Nice pose and eye contact. Agree about reducing the saturation. The frame is a bit tight for me, some more space would be good. Look forward to see more.

Sabyasachi Patra
19-02-2010, 12:38 PM
Good to see a close shot of this beauty. However, I would have liked some more space at the back and front. The pose is nice. Is this full frame? The eye contact is nice. Thanks for sharing. Look forward to more flamingoes.

Cheers,
Sabyasachi

Abhishek Jamalabad
19-02-2010, 06:24 PM
Good shot. Agree with the comments abt the saturation and space.
Please check the ID: Judging by the beak and eye colour, it seems to be a Lesser Flamingo Phoenicopterus minor.

Subramanya_CK
19-02-2010, 11:08 PM
Thanks all for your comments. Yes this is a full frame image, hence I did not had scope to give more space around the bird. I will try reducing the saturation and share the results soon.

Also give a check on ID. Initially it looked like a greater flamingo due to its size. Let me check on it again...