PDA

View Full Version : Mid afternoon Siesta

Dipankar Mazumdar
20-02-2010, 12:19 PM
Tigress T-16, catching 40 winks at a dried out well of Zone-4 of the Ranthambhore national Park.( May 2009).
The well is man made and was a part of the village within the national Park which was resettled outside the park boundaries.

EOS 50D at 1/80, F-5.6, ISO 200

Comments and critiques welcome.

Bibhav Behera
20-02-2010, 12:39 PM
The composition is nice. In this case, since the body is also partially visible, along with interesting patterns in the wall, a higher DOF would have been better. You could have tried at higher ISOs... Overall I like this image.

Mrudul Godbole
20-02-2010, 03:57 PM
She surely seems quite sleepy. I liked the composition. I agree that a higher depth of field would have been good. The low angle is good. Thanks for sharing the information. Look forward to more.

Abhishek Jamalabad
20-02-2010, 08:45 PM
Nice composition. Agree about the DOF. Thanks for sharing.

Div Puri
22-02-2010, 09:27 AM
Beautiful shot. I like the composition. Thanks for sharing.

Sabyasachi Patra
22-02-2010, 10:34 AM
Dipankar,
I like the composition. The shutter speed was low. With low shutter speeds, it is best to fire a burst as one of them is likely to come out sharper than others. Were you using a beanbag or handholding. If no one is moving in the vehicle, then you can get a sharp shot with the 300 f4 L IS. However, increasing the aperture to f8 would have given you 1/40 shutter speed and would have challenged your ability to get sharp shots. Increasing the ISO is another option.

Cheers,
Sabyasachi

Dipankar Mazumdar
22-02-2010, 12:49 PM
Thanks all for your comments
@ Bibhav : Thankyou for pointing out the DOF issue, should have taken a smaller aperture

@ Sabyasachi da : Along with the above maybe a higher ISO would have been more appropriate. BTW this was not the 300f4, rather a borrowed lens (I dont remember its configuration ) and i was in a jeep with other excited photographers and hand holding. The burst idea is good and i will try it out at the next opportunity.

Cheers
Dipankar