PDA

View Full Version : Crested Kingfisher, Corbett

AB Apana
21-02-2010, 04:50 PM
Re-opening my account. I am not online for long hours these days but will make every attempt to contribute to the birds sub-forum.

This image is part a journey of sorts; when I first returned from England and purchased my Kazmierczak, I fell in love with the Crested Kingfisher. For some years I have had to make do with Pied, but the other evening this fellow gave me four excellent opportunities.

What makes it even more special is that it was photographed at my office :)

Crested Kingfisher, (Megaceryle lugubris) | EOS 40D, 500f4 IS + 1.4x II, ISO 400 on Aperture Priority at f5.6

Comments and critiques welcome, thanks for looking!

Apana

Abhishek Jamalabad
21-02-2010, 05:14 PM
Lovely shot of a impressive bird... You captured it in a great position. What was the shutter speed?
What exactly is it doing? Just entering a dive?
Look forward to more great images from you.

Mrudul Godbole
21-02-2010, 07:17 PM
Beautiful bird. Lucky you got it in the office. The patterns created by the black and white colour looks great. I liked the wing position and the open beak. Look forward to more from Corbett.

Bibhav Behera
21-02-2010, 08:09 PM
Lovely composition. I like the banding in the black and white. The angle is lovely too. Thanks for sharing.

Sabyasachi Patra
21-02-2010, 10:54 PM
Nice action. I like the pose. I had clicked it long back in Corbett perched on a tree. Sighting and clicking this beauty in office is like a dream. Who say's the corner office is bad (Ref. the Tata Safari advt.) :D

Cheers,
Sabyasachi

AB Apana
22-02-2010, 12:34 PM
Abhishek,

Not sure about the shutter speed as I shoot on Aperture Priority. Yes, it was just about to successfully impale an unfortunate fish.

Apana