PDA

View Full Version : Langur - feedback required.

Vikram Nanjappa
22-02-2010, 11:15 AM
Canon 7 D

70 - 200 f 4 L IS USM

ISO - 200

aperture priority - f4

Focal Length - 138mm

Picture Style - neutral

White Balance - Shade

NR - Standard

First shots from my new camera , no micro adjustment of the lens done. Shot in RAW a little Brigtnes/contrast/sharpenig applied,converted to jpeg and file size reduced using provided software ( Canon DPS )

Request some feedback/comments etc.

Bibhav Behera
22-02-2010, 11:26 AM
Welcome back Vikram. Congratulations on your new equipment. :)
I like the composition and light. I like the perch. I would take a bit off from the right so that the subject is slightly more off centred. Wish the branch in front were absent. The expression makes this image appealing. Thanks for Sharing.

Sabyasachi Patra
22-02-2010, 12:17 PM
Vikram,
Congratulations on the equipment. It is a nice camera and a good lens. Composition wise, I agree with the position of the langur in the frame. I agree that the angled branch in the foreground blocks the view. Without it, the image would have been strengthened. Also, it would have been great, if you could somehow lower yourself and shot through the angled branch.

Look forward to more images.

Cheers,
Sabyasachi

Vikram Nanjappa
22-02-2010, 01:22 PM
What I really want to know is that do I need to microadjust the lens ( it looks ok to me - sharpness ) and if I am exposing correctly. Will post more images so that you guys can judge properly. This is full frame. Also I need to know a reputable org. that organises photography workshops incld. PP . Will be in Bangalore after 22 .03.2010.I feel that I need to get back to the classroom to be able to get to grips for what to me is new technology to get the best out of my new equipment.

Mrudul Godbole
22-02-2010, 03:12 PM
Hi Vikram,

Congragulations on the equipment. The 7D with a 70 - 200 f 4 L IS USM seems a good combination.

Nice image. I agree with the comments above comments.

About microadjustments for the lens, I think you can first check the images at 100%, if the sharpness is good, then the adjustment is not required. You can also check if the focussing point is at the right place. You can check that in DPP or ZoomBrowser which comes with the kit. You will be able to judge fairly well with these two tests.

Look forward to more.