PDA

View Full Version : Red-Whiskered Bulbul

Bhargav Narayan
22-02-2010, 08:54 PM
Hi All,

This image is from my yesterday's trip to Ranganathittu. It was unfortunately a gloomy day as far as weather was concerned. The sun showed up very late. I tried my best to compose this shot - but am here for more C & C.

Camera Model : Canon EOS 40D
Color Representation: sRGB
Shutter Speed: 1 / 1664 sec
Lens Aperture: F / 5.7
Focal Length: 300 mm
F-Number: F / 5.6
Exposure Time: 1 / 640 sec
ISO Speed: ISO 640
Metering Mode: Spot
Exposure Program: Aperture Priority
Date Picture Taken: 21st Feb 2010
Lens Used: Sigma 70 - 300mm

Bibhav Behera
22-02-2010, 10:01 PM
I like the composition here. If you had moved a bit to the right, you could have got the dark head against a lighter background to make the head stand out. The branch on the left balances the image well. I would marginally increase the sharpness. Thanks for sharing.

Mrudul Godbole
23-02-2010, 11:06 AM
The framing is nice. The shades of green look good. I liked the composition. I agree about moving a bit to the left. A slight higher aperture and bit more brightness would have been good. Look forward to more.

Sabyasachi Patra
23-02-2010, 11:28 AM
This position where the bird is facing away from you, though needed to document plumage details etc, is rarely pleasing. The reason is you need lot more depth of field to capture the tail as well as the head. In comparision, a side profile becomes easy to capture as the entire bird is in the plane of focus. In this case, you could have easily used f8 or even f11.

The overall image is dark, and needs more exposure.

Cheers,
Sabyasachi

AB Apana
24-02-2010, 12:28 PM
A difficult image under any circumstances and difficult to correctly expose for.

Apana