PDA

View Full Version : Hi All!!!

Dinesh Kumar
24-02-2010, 12:06 PM
Hi Friends

Am Dinesh Kumar from erode, tamilnadu. I work for a telecom major as a channel manager, am a management graduate. My love and passion is automobiles, especially bikes. Am used to tour on bikes, mostly in tamilnadu and kerala, also was doing regular track days till a year back and had aspirations about racing in national championship but work pressures and a dented confidence because of crashes kept me off it. As of now i use my bikes mainly for touring.

Any passionate biker will get into touring so did i, eventually that love in exploring nature has matured as a passion for wildlife. The first time i ventured into a forest was in 2003 during my UG final, a gang of us went to mudhumalai and took a forest safari, i was the one who knew something about wildlife so i assured my friends that we will sure spot a tiger and came back disappointed. The love of tiger spotting grew from then and i slowly learnt that its not easy to spot one and you gotta have almighty's blessings to spot the magnifiecient creature. In 2008 i went to masinagudi and took a jungle trek, asusual didnt spot one, not even a wild boar or sambar etc but this time there was no disappointment as i learned little more about forests and wildlife. After that had took trips to thimbam, wayanad and whatever oppurtunity i get to get into any resrve forest i ve started utilising it. In wayanad trip we actually came across fresh pug marks and i cant control the excitement, thats when our jeep driver told "if we spot a tiger today, you go and buy a lottery as you sure have luck" how true!!

Found this forum during my usual search for next productive trip and instantly registered. I believe i will sure spot one by the end of this year, also this tiger episode taught me lot and my passion for wildlife grew so much that i ve started loving and respecting all animals for what they are and the ecological balance they bring.

Enough of ranting i think:001_smile:, hope to get lot of tips and advise from well informed experienced members.

Cheers
Dinesh

Bibhav Behera
24-02-2010, 12:15 PM
Welcome to the forums, Dinesh...
I'm sure you will learn a lot about wildlife from the Natural History section. Also you can know about the updates on the forests and parks of India in the Wilderness updates and conservation section...
Welcome to Indiawilds.

Mrudul Godbole
24-02-2010, 01:43 PM
Hello Dinesh,

Welcome to IndiaWilds.

It is good to know that your passion for wildlife is increasing. People getting aware about the jungle and animal behaviour will help to conserve wildlife.

I know sighting tiger is becoming very tough these days, but once you start understanding animal behaviour, you will understand the signs when you are in jungle.
Like there is an alarm call from deers or monkeys when a tiger is around. Or you generally sight a tiger very early in the morning or at water holes where it comes to drink water.
All these will help you to know when the tiger is around and even sight it :).

I hope you will be able to know more from IndiaWilds. Feel free to comment and express your views. Looking forward to more from you.

Cheers,

Dinesh Kumar
24-02-2010, 02:36 PM
Thanks Bibhav and Mrudul... sure will use the forum to good effect.. google and wikipedia were very useful in gaining some awareness about specific animals, their behaviour habitat etc and now its right time for me to join a forum so that i can gain some detailed info from pro's..

Once again thanks for the welcome..

Sabyasachi Patra
26-02-2010, 08:20 PM
Hi Dinesh,
Welcome to IndiaWilds!

Good to know about your interests. Long long ago, I was also an avid biker, driving to destinations several hundred kilometers of pot holes and no roads. :D So I can understand your feelings. I am happy that you have started loving nature. It takes ages to unravel the mysteries of nature. We can assure you that your learning rate can be accelerated here, however be warned that the book of nature is vast. No expert knows enough. I used to consider myself knowledgeable about tiger behaviour, till that confidence was crushed by a pair of tigers about five years back. So there are no experts. Everybody is a learner, albeit with different levels of expertise.

Welcome to the journey.

Cheers,
Sabyasachi

Dinesh Kumar
27-02-2010, 06:16 PM
Thanks sabyasachi:001_smile:.. Point noted about continuous learning, i firmly believe that is the beauty of nature.

Cheers
Dinesh