View Full Version : Sahyadri Range

Sachin Waghmare
04-02-2009, 07:56 AM
Cam NIKON D40
From Karnala Fort.

Mrudul Godbole
04-02-2009, 01:26 PM
Hi Sachin,

I think the dead branch in the center distracts the viewer from the landscape behind. You could have tried a different angle to avoid it.
A little bit of more brightness would help in showing more details of the shot.

Nice shot.

Keep posting.

Sabyasachi Patra
04-02-2009, 11:24 PM
Sachin,
I found the tech details from your image. ISO 200, f14, 1/800, 38mm

Please include these in your images, so that it will be easier for people to comment.

One can see that there are various layers in this image. That increases the perception of depth in the image. The f14 aperture has also helped in giving you lot of depth of field.

I agree with the comment that the image can be brightened a bit, about 1/3rd stop. There are dark portions in the image - the leaves and the branch. The blacks in these areas are clipped i.e. there are no details. Post processing can bring out some details in this area.

I don't like the dead branch. It distracts our attention. In a landscape image, including a foreground improves the image. However, care should be taken to ensure that the foreground is meaningful. The foreground should increase interest in the image and should add context. A foreground can also add perspective to the image. I think without the dead branch it would have been good.