PDA

View Full Version : My first post on India Wilds

Shivir Chordia
27-02-2010, 08:29 AM
This is from a recent trip to Bandhavgarh...we were privileged to see the Mirchaini family together ...they gave us undivided attention for an hour..and gave us a memory for a lifetime. The stripes on the cub's neck...make it look like as if he was wearing a black collared jacket..evening light & grass made it a little tricky to shoot...all the same enjoy.

Aperture - F4
Shutter Speed - 1/400s
Focal Length - 240mm
Nikon d300
Nikon 200-400 F4.

Thank you.

Shivir

Mrudul Godbole
27-02-2010, 09:20 AM
Welcome to IndiaWilds.

Beautiful first post. The curious look of the cub and the eye contact is great. Its sure is a pleasure to watch tigers and cubs is like a big bonus. The tigress in the background give a nice feel to the image. Just a bit more space at the bottom would be great. Look forward to more from Bandhavgarh.

Sabyasachi Patra
27-02-2010, 09:37 AM
Shivir,
Lovely image. Is this a crop or full frame image?

It is always a treat to watch small cubs. It is good that you managed to get the face in the clear without the grass obstructing the eyes. The expression of the cub is nice. The angle is good. Some more space at the bottom would have been good. Thanks for sharing.

Cheers,
Sabyasachi

Bibhav Behera
27-02-2010, 12:15 PM
Lovely image. I like the stare. The one in the background adds to the feel of the image. I would have liked the use of a narrower aperture here. I agree about some more space at the bottom.
Good sighting at Bandhavgarh... Looking forward to more images from you.

Shivir Chordia
28-02-2010, 08:04 AM
Shivir,
Lovely image. Is this a crop or full frame image?

It is always a treat to watch small cubs. It is good that you managed to get the face in the clear without the grass obstructing the eyes. The expression of the cub is nice. The angle is good. Some more space at the bottom would have been good. Thanks for sharing.

Cheers,
Sabyasachi

Sabyasachi...this is cropped a little..mainly at the sides and on the top....also there was a lot of grass in the foreground...and to get this pic thru the grass...this is the best i could have done then...

Atul Dhamankar
28-02-2010, 10:45 AM
Nice image overall.

Div Puri
02-03-2010, 09:54 AM
Beautiful image. A little more space in the bottom would help to complete the image. Thanks for sharing.

Chitrita Chatterjee
03-03-2010, 12:07 PM
lovely pic... wish the other 2 cubs were visible too....
welcome to Indiawilds. Hope to see many more pics from you

:-)

Vishwanath M K
04-03-2010, 02:01 PM
Nice Picture To Start With ! Thanks For sharing