PDA

View Full Version : Mark IV - ISO 400 - shooting through obstruction

Sabyasachi Patra
27-02-2010, 10:57 AM
Uploading an image of Pelican. As you can see from this image, the dark patches are the obstructing leaves of a tree. I was shooting through the vegetation. The AF of Mark IV has helped here. With the continuous AF tracking priority, even if the subject moves into an area where you find obstructions in the foreground, the AF point will not latch into the foreground (C.Fn III-4 option 1). The more I shoot with this camera, the more I am convinced about the AF capability, provided you understand and tailor make the extensive custom options available to your particular needs.

Canon EOS 1D Mark IV, EF 400mm f2.8 L IS USM, EF 2xII, ISO 400, f9, 1/1250, full frame.

Cheers,
Sabyasachi

Bibhav Behera
27-02-2010, 12:20 PM
Lovely Image Sabyasachi. The dark patches are not very distracting. The Mk IV seems to be tack accurate with its AF.
I like the composition. the details in the feathers are nice. Thanks for sharing.

Mrudul Godbole
27-02-2010, 03:11 PM
The technology is really making things easy. The composition and the eye contact is nice. The twig is a bonus. Is it for building nest? Thanks for sharing.

AB Apana
27-02-2010, 04:00 PM
Good to hear of a Canon digital body with AF that works! :-)

Apana