PDA

View Full Version : River Tern preening

Mrudul Godbole
27-02-2010, 03:26 PM
From the same series at Ranganaththittu. Was quite lucky to get some good close-up of the Tern.

Canon 50D, 100-400mm L IS USM, ISO 200, f7.1, 1/250, hand held

Comments and critiques welcome.

AB Apana
27-02-2010, 04:00 PM
Pull the highlights on the neck and on the boulder.

Apana

Bibhav Behera
27-02-2010, 04:23 PM
The details are nice. I like the composition. The image feels a bit bright to me. I agree with Apana regarding pulling down the highlights...

Sabyasachi Patra
27-02-2010, 05:13 PM
Nice pose. The black eye has come out well and is seen distinctly from the black head. Some more space at the back would have been great as it is looking back. I don't see any blown highlights. It would have been better to click this image at a higher shutter speed than the 1/250th you used. Considering that you were clicking from the boat, it would have been better to use ISO 400 so that the shutter speed would have been 1/500th. That would have ensured greater details in the finer feathers in the neck area. The white portions on the rock due to the bird droppings, looks better when in focus. The depth of field doesn't cover the bottom right portion and hence it doesn't look great, though the whites are not blown. You can crop a bit from bottom and right, and the image will shine. Overall, a nice image.

Cheers,
Sabyasachi

Abhishek Jamalabad
27-02-2010, 09:36 PM
Agree with Sabyasachi about the space distribution. Nice capture. The eye stands out against the black head. I don't see any blown highlights.

Mrudul Godbole
27-02-2010, 11:06 PM
Sabyasachi, I agree increasing the shutter speed would help to get more details in the neck area.

Thanks all for the comments.