PDA

View Full Version : Survival of the Fittest.

Vikram Nanjappa
11-03-2010, 08:26 PM
The wounded baby elephant ( refer my photo Asleep ) , the wound is clearly visible, being harassed by a Jungle Crow that wants to feed off the wound. The mother and aunt had left the baby and swum over to an island to feed on the fresh grass growing there.

Abhishek Jamalabad
11-03-2010, 09:33 PM
Nice image. It has a story to it. The compo looks perfect. I don't think the mynas play a significant role in this image, so it might have been better without them (Of course you had no control over that). Are there bits of plastic in the background? (the bluish piece just above the crow)
Do keep us posted about what happens to the calf... Do you have any clues as to what caused the injury?

Div Puri
12-03-2010, 09:45 AM
Nice image Vikram. The elephant calf lacks a little sharpness. Can you please share the EXIF info? I feel for the calf, do you have information on how the calf got injured?

Mrudul Godbole
12-03-2010, 09:56 PM
A very touching photograph. Apt title. The composition tells the story. Its surely shows how cruel nature can be. I agree with the above comments. Keep us posted. Thanks for sharing.

Sabyasachi Patra
13-03-2010, 12:30 PM
This image tells a story. The focus appears to be slightly behind the elephant in the plane of the mynas and the crow.

Cheers,
Sabyasachi

Bibhav Behera
20-03-2010, 12:59 AM
I like the framing here. Cropping the hint of a rock at the bottom right would have been better. Nice behaviour captured. Thanks for sharing.