PDA

View Full Version : Wall of water

Mrudul Godbole
22-03-2010, 02:49 PM
Created this image at Ranganaththittu last month. I would have liked a bit more space to the right, but didn't get time to recompose :(.

Canon 50D, 100-400mm L IS USM, ISO 200, 1/500, f5.6, hand held

Comments and Critiques welcome.

Bibhav Behera
22-03-2010, 04:25 PM
I dont mind the central composition. I like the inclusion of the rock on the left. The water patterns look good. Reminds me of a silly joke where you should keep your mouth shut when you got water in it else it will spill (Ref: Open Bill :))
The bright spot just above the head is a bit distracting. Thanks for sharing. :)

Sabyasachi Patra
22-03-2010, 07:14 PM
Lovely image. I like the timing. Water droplets give a nice feel. One may say that a slightly lower angle perhaps would have ensured that the white patch would have been behind the head. However, the spoonbill dips its head and raises it in an arc. So I don't think, one can avoid the bright white patches in the background. May be if you were clicking the same scene with a 500 f4, then the background would have been a bit more blurred.

Cheers,
Sabyasachi

Praveen Siddannavar
22-03-2010, 08:40 PM
Lovely action captured Mrudul, I don't think its Spoon Bill but a Open Bill Stork.
tfs

Mrudul Godbole
22-03-2010, 09:05 PM
Thanks all for the comments.

Praveen, I have mentioned in the tags as Open Bill Stork. I think Sabyasachi commented in a hurry mentioning it as Spoon Bill :). Thanks for pointing out.

Sabyasachi Patra
22-03-2010, 09:18 PM
Lovely action captured Mrudul, I don't think its Spoon Bill but a Open Bill Stork.
tfs

Praveen,

Ha ha ha. This is a sure shot case of brain failure. Or you can say brain went to sleep. :sleep:

I was thinking how come Mrudul can make such an elementary school mistake of calling Openbill as Spoonbill. And now realised that it was me. :o

Cheers,
Sabyasachi