PDA

View Full Version : Bhitarakanika Landscape

Nikhilesh Mahakur
22-03-2010, 09:44 PM
Trekking on one of the islands on a misty morning , all of a sudden came upon this open space out of the dense mangrove.

The receding tide, mist and the reflections and the tree in the foreground made a good composition.

D300, Nikon 14-24/ f2.8
ISO 800
Shutter speed 1/8000
f 2.8
-1.3 ev

Bibhav Behera
22-03-2010, 10:01 PM
I like the wide perspective. Wish the tree on the far right were not cut. The blacks at the bottom have lost details completely. Any particular reason why you chose the -1.3 EV?

Bhitarkanika does give you some great photo opportunities doesn't it :)
I love the unique habitat...

Mrudul Godbole
23-03-2010, 03:07 PM
The composition is nice. The b/w treatment gives a different feel to the image. The reflection of the trees on the left in the background is interesting. Recovering the details in the black in the foreground would help. Thanks for sharing. Is this a early morning fog?

Sabyasachi Patra
23-03-2010, 10:33 PM
The bottom portion is a bit dark. However, the image looks good. Slightly more space at the right to include the full tree would have been even better. There is a dark leaf at the left frame edge. That can be avoided. Moody image.

Cheers,
Sabyasachi

Nikhilesh Mahakur
26-03-2010, 02:14 AM
Sabyasachi,
figured out the issue with the cut off tree on the right, the framing I used on Aperture and the plugin :) ( not very good at that), will repost with the complete tree