PDA

View Full Version : A Quick Drink

Mrudul Godbole
25-03-2010, 01:23 PM
Photographed this Pelican at Ranganaththittu last month. This was taken from the boat, when it swooped down to have a quick drink.

Canon 50D, 100-400mm L IS USM, ISO 400, f5.6, 1/1000, hand held

Comments and critiques welcome..

Sabyasachi Patra
25-03-2010, 03:50 PM
Nice action. Eye contact is good. One can feel that something is going to happen.

Cheers,
Sabyasachi

Bibhav Behera
25-03-2010, 07:19 PM
The composition is nice. The bird looks sharp. Did you get a shot with it running its bill on the water?

Nikhilesh Mahakur
26-03-2010, 01:56 AM
Good capture and composition

Abhishek Jamalabad
26-03-2010, 09:16 AM
Lovely shot, nice compo, well-exposed. I agree with Sabyasachi, there is a kind of "suspense" feel to this shot. :D

Mohan Raj
26-03-2010, 09:30 AM
Magical Picture. Looks like the bird is hanging still over the water surface.

Well captured picture. :thumbup:

Sudipto Roy
26-03-2010, 12:50 PM
From a novice's point of view, I like it more when a bird's (or any wildlife's) picture is identified (either in the heading or in the caption) by the photographer or some other expert when the photographer is not sure. This I feel should be done even for the commonest of common birds/animals. Otherwise it remains just a photograph - good or bad. Not a wildlife photograph that helps novices to identify it in the field later.

Mrudul Godbole
26-03-2010, 01:54 PM
Thanks all for the comments.

From a novice's point of view, I like it more when a bird's (or any wildlife's) picture is identified (either in the heading or in the caption) by the photographer or some other expert when the photographer is not sure. This I feel should be done even for the commonest of common birds/animals. Otherwise it remains just a photograph - good or bad. Not a wildlife photograph that helps novices to identify it in the field later.

I agree, I have added the name in the description.