PDA

View Full Version : King fisher series : 4 (Collared Kingfisher)

Nikhilesh Mahakur
26-03-2010, 01:54 AM
Nikon D300, Nikon 200-400 VR, f/4

ISO 800
f/8
-0.7ev
1/80

Praveen Siddannavar
26-03-2010, 08:30 AM
Nice image, wish you had got it in open
tfs

Abhishek Jamalabad
26-03-2010, 09:07 AM
The focus on the KF is nice, the out of focus elements don't distract much. Nice shot. Is this KF ever found in the open? Because all my sightings of this species have been in situations like this, I have never seen it in a clearing...

Sudipto Roy
26-03-2010, 10:19 AM
The focus on the KF is nice, the out of focus elements don't distract much. Nice shot. Is this KF ever found in the open? Because all my sightings of this species have been in situations like this, I have never seen it in a clearing...

I have seen them out in the open, perched on a thick electric wire, looking intently at the roadside canal. Have the pictures but wouldn't consider posting because of the artificial perch.

Mrudul Godbole
26-03-2010, 11:24 AM
Lucky to see so many varieties of the Kingfisher :). Nice eye contact. I liked the way the background is out of focus. Wish there was just some light on the bird than on the branch. Thanks for sharing.

I have seen them out in the open, perched on a thick electric wire, looking intently at the roadside canal. Have the pictures but wouldn't consider posting because of the artificial perch.

An artifical perch is good to avoid, but cant help that in some cases. I would surely like to see the photographs, do post.

Bibhav Behera
26-03-2010, 10:18 PM
Nice Sighting Nikhil. I like the blurred foreground and background, helps keep the bird in focus. I would like a slight boost in saturation. Is this a big crop? Thanks for sharing.

Sabyasachi Patra
27-03-2010, 07:34 PM
The angle is steep and the vegetation is dense. Light levels appear to be low. Increasing the colour temperature during processing will result in the highlights getting burnt.

Cheers,
Sabyasachi