PDA

View Full Version : Ponmudi or Golden peak near Trivandrum

V S Sankar
28-03-2010, 08:23 AM
Ponmudi is 60 kms away from Trivandrum.On the way to Ponmudi there is a mystic village called Kallar with a pristine river whch flows throughout the year.A dip in the river is always refreshing.Then you have to negotiate 22 hair-pin curves to reach Ponmudi.Late evenings are always misty and the temparetures are well below what it is down the plains.

Regards

Mrudul Godbole
28-03-2010, 11:09 AM
Nice photograph of the hills. I think the top part of the sky is a bit overexposed, so you can try to recover the details there. I liked the composition. You can crop just a bit from the bottom to exclude the small triangular portion at the bottom right.

The view from the top would be lovely, you got any more photographs from the top? Thanks for the information.

Sabyasachi Patra
28-03-2010, 01:12 PM
Nice scene. I agree that the sky is bright. A lower angle, would have helped as that would have reduced the amount of sky. At times, it is better to move away from the road to get a better angle. Ofcourse, it goes without saying that you ought to watch your steps, when you are walking down the incline.

Cheers,
Sabyasachi

Lakshminarayanan Nataraja
01-04-2010, 08:17 PM
Had once visited this place.

Known for its exquisite flora. These forests are good buffer for KMTR. However, the poaching is reported to be rampant thereby making this forest almost deprived of charishmatic large mammals.

Bibhav Behera
02-04-2010, 11:18 AM
You can crop a bit from the bottom to remove the half rock. Is that a finger at the bottom right corner?