Rajan Kanagasabai
07-02-2009, 12:16 PM
This one was an early morning shot at Chidambaram. Set a higher ISO 400

400D, Sigma APO 170-500, No TC, 1/80 (hand held!!!) and F 6.3

Rajan

Sabyasachi Patra
07-02-2009, 08:59 PM
Rajan,
Is it a cropped image or a full frame image? I am asking this because, I would have loved some more space infront of the bird.

You managed to capture the babler with an insect which is a big plus.

Rajan Kanagasabai
08-02-2009, 04:11 AM
It was a full frame. I was inside a car and this was perched right by the road side. My Sigma was already mounted and this bird was ready to take flight any moment. I had no time to switch lenses. Well, could have added space by not extending it to 500MM, but i did notice the worm and i thought a full frame would highlight it.

Rajan

Sabyasachi Patra
08-02-2009, 11:38 AM
In this image a little bit space infront and at the bottom would have been better. It's right leg is touching the frame and a small portion is cut off.

The composition is pleasing when the image follows the rule of thirds. So try giving some space and see the results. You may check the tips section for the Rule of Thirds.

Rakesh Dhareshwar
09-02-2009, 07:06 AM
Quite sharp for hand held. Good moment . Like SP says , you should have composed to include some space in front and try and ( moved ahead ? ) to avaoid the tree trunk behind the bird.
These suggestions feel good in hind sight, but on field the moment matters most. My take is after taking a reasonbly good shot, it is better to experiment with angles and exposure , incase the bird stays around. :)