PDA

View Full Version : Elephant herd crossing!

Praveen Siddannavar
06-04-2010, 08:16 AM
Shot this on the good Friday weekend during my return journey from Ooty near Mudumalai area on the national highway.

Camera Model Canon EOS 40D, 100-400mm
Tv( Shutter Speed ) 1/250
Av( Aperture Value ) 6.3
ISO 400
Focal length 100mm
Full frame & Hand held

V S Sankar
06-04-2010, 08:29 AM
Good picture.Its nice that you were able to sight them in the highway.I would have preferred the framing to be slightly to the left so that the elephant in front is fully visible.

Regards

Bibhav Behera
06-04-2010, 12:00 PM
I agree with Sankar regarding the composition. More DOF would have been better. Thanks for sharing.

Mrudul Godbole
06-04-2010, 12:13 PM
That looks like a big herd. the walking postures are nice. Agree about moving the camera a bit to the left to include the elephant on the fully. Thanks for sharing.

Sabyasachi Patra
06-04-2010, 01:48 PM
The head of the leading elephant is cut. Else, it would have been better. It would have been good if you would have parked your vehicle at the left. Did you take the Segur road? Thanks for sharing.

Cheers,
Sabyasachi

Praveen Siddannavar
07-04-2010, 07:55 AM
Thanks for your comments, I agree the head of the first elephant got cut. Actually we had driven ahead and then spotted the herd in the bushes. I started photographing in an awkward position. When the herd starting crossing the road I had to physically turn myself not moving the car. Also the distance was near I shot it at the lowest focal length range that is 100mm.

Sabyasachi - For onward journey to Ooty I drove thru Kallathy Ghats (36 Hair Pin Bends), on our return journey drove to Guddalur- Mudumalai road, spotted this herd about 2 kms before Mudumalai junction