PDA

View Full Version : Malabar Giant Squirrel!

Praveen Siddannavar
09-04-2010, 07:21 PM
Spotted this last weekend while driving to Ooty in Mudumalai area

Camera Model Canon EOS 40D, 100-400mm
Tv( Shutter Speed ) 1/400
Av( Aperture Value ) 6.3
ISO 400
Focal length 400mm
Hand held

Bibhav Behera
09-04-2010, 07:28 PM
The focus in this image has locked on the plane of the small branch at the lower right corner if I'm not wrong. The composition is nice. Would have been better without the other branch in front of the giant squirrel. Thanks for sharing.

V S Sankar
09-04-2010, 09:26 PM
A slightly colser pic would have been nice.But I know these are highly difficult animals to photograph as they perch themselves high up in the trees.Nice colours though.

Mrudul Godbole
10-04-2010, 11:57 AM
Nice colours and eye contact. The vertical composition is good. The eye doesn't seem critically sharp. As Bibhav has said you can check the AF point to be sure. Thanks for sharing.

Sabyasachi Patra
10-04-2010, 06:24 PM
Nice pose. Good that you saw it low in the tree. A couple of seconds before would have been good. As the squirrel would have been a few inches above. So that there would have been more separation between the squirrel and the branch.

I agree about the AF point (auto focus point). You can check the active AF point by opening the raw file in zoombrowser or DPP. When there are obstructions, it is better to manually select the auto focus points. Thanks for sharing.

Cheers,
Sabyasachi

Abhishek Jamalabad
11-04-2010, 12:38 PM
Nice compo. Agree about the AF point and the branch. Thanks for sharing.