PDA

View Full Version : Jungle Babbler

Amit Gupta
10-04-2010, 10:30 PM
Jungle Babbler Near Seoni, MP, June 2009.

EOS 4D +EF 70-300IS; Handheld at 300 mm

1/100 sec; f 5.6; ISO 200.

Bibhav Behera
10-04-2010, 11:00 PM
Hi Amit,
I like the perch in the image. The background is nicely blurred. You have composed the image with the bird perched in the centre. Placing it to the right might have been better. I have made a crop from your image to illustrate how I might have considered composing it. I also increased the contrast a bit more and also the sharpness. Do let me know if you find it any better. Thanks for sharing.

Sabyasachi Patra
11-04-2010, 09:38 AM
The original post gives an idea of the babbler on top of a rock. The repost makes it appear as if the image was clicked at eye level. If you wanted the feel of a big rock, then you should have moved the camera a bit lower, ie. ensuring the bird higher in the frame with more of the rock at the bottom.

More sharpening as the repost would be better. The best results will come if you are able to be closer to the bird. Your lens is good at close distances and f8 brings the best in it.

Cheers,
Sabyasachi

Praveen Siddannavar
11-04-2010, 10:21 AM
I liked the composition by Bibhav, however it depends on what one has to portray. As Sabyasachi rightly mentioned that composition by Amit gives us the feel of rock.

Overall good attempt under the circumstances,

tfs

Mrudul Godbole
11-04-2010, 03:29 PM
Nice perch. The open beak is a plus. An off-centred composition by cropping from the right would look good. Including more of the rock would keep the original composition intact.
Thanks for sharing.