PDA

View Full Version : Blue whistling Thrush

Dipankar Mazumdar
12-04-2010, 03:48 PM
Spotted this inquisitive bird cooling off in a waterpuddle near the gairal FRH at Corbett National Park.

EOS 50D + 300 f4 L IS + 1.4x II at f8, 1/500, ISO 800, April 2010
minor tweaking and cropping.

Looking forward to comments.

Amit Kalele
12-04-2010, 04:14 PM
Nice shot but I prefer them completely frozen and from lower angle. It may not be possible to get down at this location (i am guessing). But i would have opened it to 5.6 and frozen it.

Mrudul Godbole
12-04-2010, 10:09 PM
Lovely action captured. I liked the water splash. The eye contact is great. Agree a lower angle (if possible) would have been great. A higher shutter speed would have helped to freeze the drops, but I like the way it is. Wish you could have included the tail in full. The ripples in the water are nice. Thanks for sharing.

Sabyasachi Patra
13-04-2010, 11:02 AM
Dipankar,
This is a nice image. I like the framing in this image. The rock at the bottom left, right and top left corners form a natural frame. That leads the eye directly to the bird. A higher shutter speed would have ensured freezing of the droplets as well as the wings, however, that means f5.6 and ISO 1600. I won't advise that. In the present image, the lower shutter speed helps in the water droplets in elongated shapes and the wing blur gives a feeling of movement. It is good that you got the head and eye contact well. A lower angle, would have further enhanced this image, but I guess it may not be been possible. Thanks for sharing.

Cheers,
Sabyasachi

Praveen Siddannavar
13-04-2010, 08:13 PM
Lovely framing, the droplets and ripples in the water have come out well. Agree about low angle, the image would be stunning.
tfs

V S Sankar
14-04-2010, 07:53 AM
Nice cooling off feeling.What else you require in these days!Great photo.Agree with freezing.

Bibhav Behera
18-04-2010, 01:41 PM
I like the composition. The splashed water looks nice. The framing of the bird within the rocks looks nice. Thanks for sharing.