PDA

View Full Version : Horsing around..!!!

Dipankar Mazumdar
13-04-2010, 10:00 AM
Two young males playing tag in the Dhikala Chaur of the Corbett national Park. Like the previous image, i would have prefered some more space and a complete elephant on the rear, however this is full frame from the 300f4, so couldnt help that too much.

EOS 50D + 300 f4 IS L at f8.0, ISO100, 1/400

Look forward to your comments

cheers
Dipankar

Sabyasachi Patra
13-04-2010, 11:32 AM
Dipankar,
Nice action. I don't mind the tight frame, as this takes the focus to the action that is happening. It would have been good, if the other calf were not there in the background. Ofcourse, we don't have any control over these things. Slight cropping from the top will eliminate the barren patch and make the entire background green.

There is a slight pink/magenta cast. Have you upgraded your firmware to the latest?

Same scene with frontal lighting would have been good (ie sun behind you) as the head of the leading elephant is now in shadow.

Cheers,
Sabyasachi

Mrudul Godbole
13-04-2010, 01:15 PM
Nice playful behaviour captured. The tusks look good. I agree with the above comments.
Photographing with a fixed focal length makes it difficult to compose some time. Thanks for sharing.

Praveen Siddannavar
13-04-2010, 07:53 PM
Wow! Lovely image, this light is quite good and the tusks look bright and nice

V S Sankar
14-04-2010, 07:41 AM
Good action captured.Agree with the above comments on cropping

Bibhav Behera
18-04-2010, 11:00 AM
I agree about cropping slightly from the top. The action is nice. Thanks for sharing.