PDA

View Full Version : Wood Sandpiper

Amit Kalele
14-04-2010, 04:36 PM
HI All,

Posting a woody taken this winter at Pune. Nikon D70s + 300/f4 @ f8 -1/3ev iso 200 Hand held. Cropped a little from all sides. C & C are most welcome.

Abhishek Jamalabad
14-04-2010, 09:24 PM
Wow, great shot. Lovely eye contact, pose, details, compo and BG/FG blur. No nits for me.
How much of a crop (approx. %) is this?

Sabyasachi Patra
14-04-2010, 09:30 PM
Though the sandpiper is in focus, the grass in the plane of the sandpiper is out of focus. Any blurring of the foreground and background? I like the low angle. The eye contact is nice. It would have been even better without the out of focus blob on the right. Thanks for sharing.

Cheers,
Sabyasachi

Praveen Siddannavar
15-04-2010, 07:01 AM
This is nice Amit, love the bg, the details and eye contact are good. Overall a beautiful image

Amit Kalele
15-04-2010, 01:03 PM
Though the sandpiper is in focus, the grass in the plane of the sandpiper is out of focus. Any blurring of the foreground and background? I like the low angle. The eye contact is nice. It would have been even better without the out of focus blob on the right. Thanks for sharing.

Cheers,
Sabyasachi

HI Sabyasachi,

No BG/FG blur was applied but I might have ran it through NI which some time let this happen. I will check with my original file.

Amit Kalele
15-04-2010, 01:06 PM
Wow, great shot. Lovely eye contact, pose, details, compo and BG/FG blur. No nits for me.
How much of a crop (approx. %) is this?

Its around 70 - 75 % of the original frame.

Mrudul Godbole
15-04-2010, 01:09 PM
Nice image. I liked the eye contact. The low angle and the clean green BG enhances the composition. Thanks for sharing.

Bibhav Behera
18-04-2010, 01:19 PM
I like the composition and the sharpness. The DOF is good and covers the body well. Thanks for sharing.