PDA

View Full Version : burrowing habit of brown rat

Rakesh Sharma
16-04-2010, 07:36 AM
burrowing habit of brown rat

Rats are known to burrow extensively, both in the wild and in captivity Rats generally begin a new burrow adjacent to an object or structure, Burrows usually develop to eventually include multiple levels of tunnels, as well as a secondary entrance. Older male rats will generally not burrow, while young males and females will burrow vigorously.
Burrows provides rats with shelter and food storage as well as safe, thermo regulated nest sites. Rats use their burrows to escape from perceived threats in the surrounding environment for example, rats will retreat to their burrows following a sudden, loud noise or while fleeing an intruder. Burrowing can therefore be described as a "pre-encounter defensive behavior, such as flight, freezing, or avoidance of a threatening

i have a very fine burrowing behaviour H D Video on this rat
how can i submit and share it to my all friends

Praveen Siddannavar
16-04-2010, 07:59 AM
Nice image and info. It would have been nice if you would have left some more space at the bottom so that the hole would be visible in full
tfs

Sabyasachi Patra
16-04-2010, 10:22 AM
A wider composition would have better. Higher sharpness would be better. Sharing exif details like camera, lens, shutter speed, aperture, iso etc will help in commenting better.

Mrudul Godbole
16-04-2010, 11:10 AM
Nice eye contact. Agree with the above comments.

This site is only meant to share images presently, sharing videos is not possible as of now. Thanks for the detailed information on its behaviour.

Bibhav Behera
18-04-2010, 10:26 AM
A cute rodent. Agree about having more space and sharpness. Do post EXIF info too for better critiquing. Thanks for sharing.