PDA

View Full Version : Spotter Deer Morning Scape: Dudhwa

Bibhav Behera
18-04-2010, 02:13 PM
Shot this arnd 5:45AM in the morning. The light was pretty low. I wanted a shot from a distance, hence asked the driver to stop the gypsy from far. Wish I could have got more DOF.

Canon EOS 1000D, Canon EF 300mm f/4L IS USM + Canon EF 1.4x II Extender
SS 1/40
F 5.6
ISO 400
Comments and critiques welcome. Shot using the window rim of the gypsy as support.

Bibhav Behera
18-04-2010, 02:15 PM
Here is the B/W version of the same image. Let me know which you like better or neither. :)

Abhishek Jamalabad
18-04-2010, 08:04 PM
Beautiful image. DOF looks adequate to me. Love the compo. Has a very "jungli" feel... I would love to see this as a centre-spread poster in a magazine :).
I like both versions... The B/W looks one notch better from the aesthetic point of view. The colour version provides a better idea of the habitat and weather.

Sabyasachi Patra
19-04-2010, 02:43 PM
Good effort. Moving the camera slightly to the right would have enhanced the composition. More definition in the deer would have been better. For this image to work, it has to be sharp. Unfortunately, the shutter speed is low. At 1/40, you need to be very careful to get sharp images. ISO 800, mirror lockup etc would have also helped in increasing sharpness.

If I am forced to pick, then the black and white version will get the nod. The reason being, when the image is in colour, my eyes tend to hunt for details. Look forward to more.

Cheers,
Sabyasachi

Mrudul Godbole
19-04-2010, 03:40 PM
Nice image. Agree more details in the deer would have been good. Like the b/w version better. Thanks for sharing.

Nikhilesh Mahakur
20-04-2010, 01:23 AM
Prefer the b/w over the color, however would recommend tweaking black point a bit, will make the image more appealing

Lovely composition!

Roopak Gangadharan
20-04-2010, 04:39 PM
Nice Image .BW anyday, also i guess it is more in sync with how the deer would see it.

Roopak

Ruben Alexander
20-08-2010, 10:38 PM
absolutley love this shot! yes.. should have gone for a narrower apperture.
I like the B&W better (probably becoz the lack of DOF is more evident in the colour version, but that is somewhat overcome in the B&W becoz of the higher contrast)