PDA

View Full Version : Black headed Ibis

Roopak Gangadharan
20-04-2010, 04:27 PM
Shot this Immature Black headed Ibis near my village .

500D, 55-250, 250mm, Aperture priority F5.6, 1/500, ISO200

Sabyasachi Patra
20-04-2010, 10:38 PM
The thumbnail looked nice. However, I would like a higher shutter speed and a bit more sharpness. Which AF point were you using?

Cheers,
Sabyasachi

Roopak Gangadharan
21-04-2010, 11:10 AM
I think it was the centre point.

Sharpness has all along been a problem, but i guess u can't ask for more from a < 10k lens and a Novice :) .

Roopak

Bibhav Behera
21-04-2010, 03:06 PM
I like the leaves in the background. Agree that more sharpness would have been better. A bit more space overall would have been better too. Thanks for sharing.

Mrudul Godbole
21-04-2010, 08:40 PM
The upward wing position is nice. For photographing a bird in flight a faster shutter speed is very essential. You can select all the AF points and acquire focus by using the centre AF point. This will help in getting the focus faster. Thanks for sharing.

Sabyasachi Patra
22-04-2010, 10:35 AM
Hi Roopak,
In wildlife photography equipment plays a major role. However, the artist behind the camera is important as well. The level of understanding of photography as well as knowledge of animal/bird behaviour and patience play a major role too. If you can't move closer, then wait for them to come closer. It is important to select the spot and wait before sunrise. That will help in the birds coming closer. A ranger in Africa, used his 24mm lens to create some nice full frame images of elephant and rhino. Equipment limitations can be circumvented to a certain extent, if not completely. Keep on trying, you will only get better. :thumbup1:

Cheers,
Sabyasachi