PDA

View Full Version : Molten Gold

Amit Gupta
21-04-2010, 10:01 PM
Golden Babbler

Eaglenest wildlife sanctuary, Arunachal Pradesh, March 2010. Hills covered with dense Evergreen Forests, combined with unpredictable broken clouds and lots of restless small birds made for a very challenging (photographically) trip. Was lucky to catch this guy very close, in a bush near the road.

EOS 40D+ EF400L, handheld, 1/800; f5.6; ISO640

Abhishek Jamalabad
22-04-2010, 08:13 AM
Lovely, I like the image a lot. Love the way the bird's face is lit. Nice eye contact. TFS. Canon 400mm f5.6 L, right?

Sabyasachi Patra
23-04-2010, 10:57 AM
Hi Amit,
Good to see an image of the Golden babbler (Stachyris chrysaea chrysaea). Lovely bird. The eye contact is fine. I have never been to Eaglenest, but have heard the light conditions are challenging. May be I will plan sometime soon. Do you have a vertical composition? A higher shutter speed would have been even better. I would have preferred ISO 800 over ISO 640, as the intermediate ISOs in canon result in more noise.

Cheers,
Sabyasachi

Mrudul Godbole
23-04-2010, 11:26 AM
Nice eye contact. The open beak is a plus. Photographing these birds in a dense bush is tough. You got it nicely. Thanks for sharing.

Amit Gupta
23-04-2010, 06:40 PM
Abhishek, yes, this is with the EF 400L f5.6.

Sabyasachi, sorry no vertical. This was my first visit to the NE, Eaglenest was akin to a pilgrimage as a birding enthusiast.:) I consciouly tried to keep it a "birding first, photo second" trip. Light(ing?) can be very variable any time of the day, from one direction to the next and small clouds passing by all the time!

Regards.

Bibhav Behera
24-04-2010, 09:48 PM
The spotlighting looks good. Thanks for sharing the bird. Using ISO 800 would have been better. Thanks for sharing.