PDA

View Full Version : Pelican in wetlands

Sabyasachi Patra
10-02-2009, 06:05 PM
I had photographed this Pelican in the wetlands of Telineelapuram. I was tired and had hardly any energy left when I photographed this Pelican handheld. I was doubting whether the sharpness will be ok, but was relieved when I saw that it is sharp in the eye.

Canon EOS 40D, Canon EF 300mm F4 L IS USM, EF 1.4xII, f8, 1/500, ISO 200, hand held, slight crop for composition.

Ranbir Mahapatra
26-03-2009, 03:41 PM
Lovely image Sabyasachi! The water lilies and the floating leaves, the water weed in the BG all add up to make this a delightful composition. Excellent choice of aperture! F8 is perfect. The space around the main subject is also appropriate. I am wondering which side you cropped though.

There are a few twigs in unnaturaly right angles; one close to the pelican's beak. They are minor distractions. I am glad you did not clone them off though!! :)

My first sighting of a pelican was on land, hopping away klutzily from me! Here you have made the pelican look very elegant and graceful in water. As elegant as a swan if I may say so. Kudos to you for that!