PDA

View Full Version : Tiger...on the move..!!

Dipankar Mazumdar
26-04-2010, 03:15 PM
The male cub from the zone-1 of the Ranthambhore National park.
After waiting for close to 2 hours at the point where this 28 month old male cub was seen in the morning safari, he made an appearance, only to be confronted by a wall of gypsies blocking his way to the water hole.
Finally some better sense prevailed and the Tiger was provided an opening to access the waterpoint.

late eveing hence poor light, handheld at 1/25, f 7.1( could have been f4, so mistake on that count) ISO 400 with Canon EOS 50D + 300 F4 IS L,

Thankgod for IS...!!!

look forward to comments.
cheers
Dipankar

Sabyasachi Patra
26-04-2010, 03:40 PM
Dipankar,
Nice meeting you guys there.

This image looks nice. The slow shutter speed has given a nice feel as the background is blurred, fore paw is blurred and appears kind of wavy; and there is a sense of motion. When light is bad, I would advise to try slow shutter speed and pan. It will come out different and very well than other shots.

It is good that you got the focus right. There appears to be a dead branch on the bottom right corner. It would have been good without that. However, it doesn't take away much from the image. Am happy that you didnt get anyof those gypsies in the background. Less space at the top and slightly more at the bottom would have further strengthened the images. Look forward to more.

Cheers,
Sabyasachi

Mrudul Godbole
26-04-2010, 03:45 PM
The angry stare shows that he was very irritated. It is good that you got the eye in focus despite the slow shutter speed and the movement.

It is quite difficult to get all the things right, in the chaos that follows when a tiger is sighted. Nicely captured. Thanks for sharing.

Bibhav Behera
26-04-2010, 05:46 PM
I like the sharpness in the eye. Good panning effort. I agree with Sabyasachi regarding the space at the bottom. Overall a nice image. Thanks for sharing.

Praveen Siddannavar
26-04-2010, 06:39 PM
Nice image Dipankar, it gives a panning effect. The eye contact too is good.
tfs