Shutter priority mode
SS- 1/350ss
F – 5.6
ISO – 100
FL – 250mm
WB – Daylight

Mrudul Godbole
28-04-2010, 11:00 AM
The light and the background is lovely. I liked the composition. The details are nice. What was there in the background? Maybe you could have tried a narrower aperture to get the beetle more in focus. Very well captured. Thanks for sharing.

Dr Hari Venkatesh K R
28-04-2010, 11:30 AM
Thank You Mrudul...
i was using shutter priority mode and with a greater shutter speed i could get only an aperture of 5.6 which is automatically set...if i use aperture priority it seems to be difficult to get a correct SS which would avoid shake..thing is that i dont have a tripod which suits this camera properly and too i prefer it always to be hand held...thats it..in the back ground i had some plants a little far..

Mrudul Godbole
28-04-2010, 11:52 AM
Hari,

I will always recommend you to use the aperture priority (Av) mode. The following steps will help you to get the correct SS.

1. Select the aperture by moving the wheel at top. f5.6 is the widest aperture you have in that lens.

2. Press the depth of field preview button and see if you like the depth of field ie. whether it covers the subject.

3. Else increase it to f8 etc accordingly

4. After deciding on the aperture, half press the shutter and see how much shutter speed you are getting.

5. If the shutter speed is less, then increase the ISO till you find the shutter speed to your liking.

6. Use of proper handholding techniques as described in this tutorial will help in increasing the sharpness of your images -

http://www.indiawilds.com/forums/showthread.php?t=268

Please let me know if you have any querries.

Dr Hari Venkatesh K R
28-04-2010, 12:04 PM
Thank you Mrudul...i will follow these instructions from now onwards..

Bibhav Behera
28-04-2010, 03:24 PM
I like the hair details on the stalk. The backlit bug is nice. I like the clean background. Do the hairs have stinging cells? Thanks for sharing.

Nikhilesh Mahakur
09-05-2010, 08:46 PM
Agree with Mrudul on the choice of Aperture priority.
But you got a fantastic composition and a very well composed image.

I notice some amount if noise in the diffused backdrop, try tweaking your brightness / contrast a bit and see if you can get rid of the noise