PDA

View Full Version : Alert Tiger near water

Sabyasachi Patra
10-02-2009, 08:31 PM
I photographed this Tigress in Bandhavgarh Tiger Reserve in Madhya Pradesh in a warm summer evening. Its cubs were on a hill top near by and mom was looking back and calling them.

Canon EOS 1D Mark II, Canon EF 400mm f2.8 L IS USM, EF 2xII, ISO 640, f5.6, 1/160 sec, full frame.

Look forward to your comments.

Bibhav Behera
11-02-2009, 02:37 AM
lovely image... the vertical image looks good as it highlights the reflection in the water... and the motherly concern can be gauged from her eyes... Do you have an image of the same in a horizontal mode showing the direction in which she is looking..
Also do you have an image of her with her cubs? Id love to see that...

Chitrita Chatterjee
13-02-2009, 11:13 AM
Wow.. Saby... have been missing your TIGER pics...
here she looks so sleek....

Prodipto Lahiri
23-02-2009, 06:02 PM
Great pic. Is this the chorbehra tigeress?

Sabyasachi Patra
23-02-2009, 06:24 PM
Prodipto,
This is not the Chorbehera tigress. This image was created last year and that time the Chorbehera tigress was pregnant. I clicked a few pics and felt that it is not right to disturb the pregnant tigress, so didn't click her again. This image was taken in the dam area. She had small cubs and one of those had a tumor.

Sabyasachi Patra
23-02-2009, 06:24 PM
Prodipto,
This is not the Chorbehera tigress. This image was created last year and that time the Chorbehera tigress was pregnant. I clicked a few pics and felt that it is not right to disturb the pregnant tigress, so didn't click her again. This image was taken in the dam area. She had small cubs and one of those had a tumor.