PDA

View Full Version : Lake View

Mrudul Godbole
28-04-2010, 09:18 AM
This image was created in Zone 3 at Ranthambore. While waiting for T17, I took this photograph.

Canon 50D, 24-70mm L USM (tried with Sabyasachi's lens), 1/160, ISO 400, f10, hand held.

Comments and Critiques welcome.

Sabyasachi Patra
28-04-2010, 12:19 PM
Nice scene. There is a hint of the rainbow at the right side of the frame. It would have been great, if the rainbow would have been on the left of the frame. There is shadow in the foreground, and the deers are in the middle. Try a bit darker version and see how it looks.

Cheers,
Sabyasachi

Mrudul Godbole
28-04-2010, 12:25 PM
Thanks Sabyasachi,

Yes there is a rainbow, but it was very faint. I had tried a few other compositions with it on the left but I could hardly see it and the right portion didn't add much to the image. So didn't post that images. I will re-work on the darker version and post soon. Thanks for the comments.

Praveen Siddannavar
28-04-2010, 01:12 PM
Wow! this is nice, during my trip I didn't get opportunity to photograph landscapes. I feel still narrow aperture would have been even better

Bibhav Behera
28-04-2010, 01:38 PM
I like the composition. I wish the stick in the foreground (right) were absent. I agree with Sabyasachi that a darker version might look better. Nice feel of Ranthambore portrayed in this image. Wish there were a few clouds in the sky as well.

Abhishek Jamalabad
28-04-2010, 05:18 PM
Nice shot. Agree abt the position of the rainbow. But still a beautiful photograph.

Lakshminarayanan Nataraja
04-05-2010, 08:33 PM
I like this picture very much. The wild date palm trees (phoenix humilis) in the back ground is eye-capturing.

It is quite unpleasant to name tigers with numbers. It wipe-off the personal connection the yesteryear researchers had with their subjects. They named them after their mothers and sisters. laxmi, Padmini are a few to quote.

It is better to desist use of numbers. Only the prisoners are called with numbers in our country...