PDA

View Full Version : A nice walk

Mrudul Godbole
04-05-2010, 10:06 PM
This image was created in Zone 4, when T17 was walking behind our jeep for nearly 10-15 minutes. I wished the sun was behind us, but most of the photographs I have got are against the light :(.

Canon 50D, 100-400mm L IS USM, f5.6, ISO 400, 1/500, hand held full frame.

Comments and Critiques welcome.

Nikhilesh Mahakur
04-05-2010, 10:09 PM
nice capture and sharp, wish you had a bit more space on top, the dry grass would given a feel of the enviornment and would have enhanced the image.
And yes, the wire makes T17 distinguishable :)

Praveen Siddannavar
05-05-2010, 08:32 AM
Nice relaxed walking pose, i agree that some more space at the top would have portrayed the dry tall grass as its habitat. It is good that the collar is not visible in this image, something to cheer:laugh:
Do you know the exact location in Zone4 of this sighting?
tfs

Abhishek Jamalabad
05-05-2010, 08:39 AM
Nice shot. I like the side-on light. Would like to see a vertical if you have one. I see you have clicked this at 220mm. Zooming out a little more might have created more space and enhanced the image in my opinion.
Nice shot nevertheless. Look fwd to more.

Mrudul Godbole
05-05-2010, 11:46 AM
The thing is there were lot of jeeps behind her. Since we had overtaken and gone ahead we could photograph her from the front. I have some images where the jeeps can be seen behind her. We had to request them to not follow her closely as they were coming in the images.

So I had to zoom in just to include her with some space on top. I would have definitely loved to include more of the surroundings.

Praveen, Sorry it was not Zone 4 but in Zone 2. I just confirmed with Sabyasachi. I am not sure of the name though.

Thanks all for the comments.

Sabyasachi Patra
05-05-2010, 01:26 PM
Nice evening light. Nice pose. The radio collar is not visible from the front. There is an antennae hanging, which is not readily noticeable.

Cheers,
Sabyasachi

Mohan Raj
05-05-2010, 06:15 PM
Nice walking pose and good photograph.

Mrudul, What is Zone # and T#? I really don't know what your coded languages are! I am Sorry. :confused1:

Mrudul Godbole
05-05-2010, 06:52 PM
Mohan,

Ranthambore Tiger Reserve is divided into five zones 1,2,3,4 and 5. The Tigers are named as T2,T17,T28..etc. So I have mentioned the zone and the name of the Tiger I have photographed. I agree that the names should have been better which would conveyed some meaning. Thanks for the comment.

Bibhav Behera
07-05-2010, 06:59 PM
Love the image. No nits. A bit more DOF maybe. Thanks for sharing.