PDA

View Full Version : Young Lady II

Sabyasachi Patra
07-05-2010, 11:55 AM
Same tigress as posted in my previous post here http://www.indiawilds.com/forums/showthread.php?t=3813

Canon EOS 1D Mark IV, Canon EF 400mm f2.8 L IS USM, ISO 400, f2.8, 1/640, EV:+2/3, full frame image.

You can check the techs of this image and compare with the previous one.

Look forward to your comments and critiques.

Cheers,
Sabyasachi

Mrudul Godbole
07-05-2010, 02:53 PM
The +2/3 EV in this image has helped to make this image a bit more brighter than the previous posting. You have used f2.8 than f4 in the pervious one. It is sharp. The backlit hair and whiskers look good. Thanks for sharing.

Bibhav Behera
07-05-2010, 05:38 PM
I like the rim lighting. The sharp focus on the head keeps the attention. I like the strand of grass on the left as well. This could be a good tutorial to understand DOF :)
Thanks for sharing.

V S Sankar
07-05-2010, 08:01 PM
Just fantastic.The light is excellent.The grass has added further to the beauty of the image.Very good relaxed tiger

Praveen Siddannavar
07-05-2010, 09:06 PM
Lovely image & rim lighting. I liked the sitting posture, it seems so tall, don't see it so often. I have seen Cheetah's in such posture.
Agree with Mrudul, she has made very good observations and valid points.
tfs

Nikhilesh Mahakur
09-05-2010, 08:10 PM
Nice capture and sharp and makes for a good study in comparative usage of tools.
Rim lighting always is emphasized better underexposed, but I don't think that was your intent with this image.
I found the previous image more appealing

Sabyasachi Patra
09-05-2010, 10:21 PM
Nikhilesh,
The previous image had -1/3 EV. This image had +2/3 EV. The +2/3 EV helped in burning the rim lighted portion and would show up without the body being underexposed.

Images of animals looking away rarely works. I wanted to create a feeling of mystery. What is there? Where is she looking at? Is there a prey?

Cheers,
Sabyasachi