PDA

View Full Version : Buff striped keelback

Akshay Kumar Manjunath
12-05-2010, 10:51 AM
Dear All,

The uploaded image is a juvenile Buff striped Keelback (Amphiesma stolatum) snake a non venomous and verymild snake . This was just hatched couple of hours back , i rescued this guy when i was on the way to my office .

I was very happy to see this guy in early hours (6.30am) later i released this snake near a pond .

Canon D 1000

Tv(Shutter Speed - 1/50Sec.
Av(Aperture Value) -F9.0
Metering Modes - Partial metering

ISO Speed- 100
Lens EF-S18-55mm f/3.5-5.6
Focal Length- 53.0 mm

Flash -On
White Balance- Cloudy
AF mode -AI Servo AF

Regards,
Akshay

Bibhav Behera
12-05-2010, 11:07 AM
I like the details in the scales on the back. The narrow aperture is good. Would have been better to keep the critical focus on the head (here it seems it is on the back). That would have led the eye to go there straight away... The sand particles look good too. Thanks for sharing.

Mrudul Godbole
12-05-2010, 12:00 PM
Rescuing and releasing it back to wild was really a nice thing to do. I liked the details on the skin. I agree about the focus. I would have liked a bit more brightness. You could have increased the ISO to 400 so you could have got a higher shutter speed.

Where is this photographed? Thanks for sharing.

Akshay Kumar Manjunath
12-05-2010, 01:29 PM
Thanks Mrudul and Bibhav,

I took this photograph before releasing,

We will document each and every animal we rescue by taking photograph and details like where was it rescued (place ) the physical condition etc so that we can keep a track and moreover we can understand their behaviour
which inturn might help us in conserving them.

Regards,
Akshay

Mohan Raj
25-05-2010, 10:20 PM
Beautiful photograph with shiny colours. I like the patterns on back of the snake.

Akshay Kumar Manjunath, My best wishes for snake rescue and TFS.

Nikhilesh Mahakur
25-05-2010, 10:24 PM
A very nice capture, focus on the head would have been good. The patterns have been captured well, look forward to more :)