PDA

View Full Version : Yawning!

Praveen Siddannavar
13-05-2010, 08:37 AM
This image is created at Ranthambhore, it was nice to see the Tiger in a relaxed mood and Yawn.

Camera Model Canon EOS 40D, 100-400mm
Tv( Shutter Speed ) 1/250
Av( Aperture Value ) 5.6
ISO 400
Focal length 220mm
Hand held

Bibhav Behera
13-05-2010, 08:58 AM
The pose is nice. The frame feels a bit tight. Is this full frame? I might have preferred some more space overall to include the tail as well. The sharpness looks good. Thanks for sharing. How many GBs did you burn on these Tigers? I'm not complaining :D
Keep em coming :)

Some info:
I am just back from a tiger census and found out a bit of info about tiger Pugs. Since it is visible here I thought I would share a few identifications between front and hind paws.

1. The Front Paws are larger than the hind paws.

2.The forward most points of the 2 middle toes are almost at same level in the front pugmark whereas in the hind one the 2nd toe is longest.
a) If from left 2nd toe is longest then its a right hind paw.
b) If from right 2nd toe is longest then its a left hind paw.

a) A male tiger's pugmark is more squarish and the diff bwn the minm breadth and minm length is usually less than 1.5cm. In case of females its more rectangular and the difference is mostly greater than 1.5cm.
b) A male tiger's toes are more rounded whereas a female's are more elongated.

Mrudul Godbole
13-05-2010, 11:50 AM
Nice pose. The side profile looks good. The details are nice. A bit more space all around would enhance the composition further. Did you try any wider compositions?

Bibhav, thanks for the information.

Sabyasachi Patra
13-05-2010, 12:26 PM
Nice yawn. Good to see a relaxed pose. Thanks for sharing.

Cheers,
Sabyasachi

Lakshminarayanan Nataraja
13-05-2010, 02:19 PM
Good pose and thaks for the information, Bibhav.

Abhishek Jamalabad
13-05-2010, 07:27 PM
Nice shot. Like the low angle. Lovely pose. TFS.