PDA

View Full Version : Sick ( continued )

Vikram Nanjappa
13-02-2009, 09:21 AM
This is a photograph of the sick tusker taken when he emerged out of the water. He is now out of the park . A large male Gaur , who himself looks unwell comes out of the park to check on the tusker every once in a while. The villagers do not disturb him but also keep an eye on him.We are monitoring the situation and have sent photographs to the local press. Hopefully it will be in the local papers tomorrow. This photograph was taken by my friend and colleague Venkatesh and posted with his permission .He will be joining this forum shortly.

Sabyasachi Patra
13-02-2009, 11:05 AM
Vikram,
Thanks for an update. One can easily see the ribs and the loose skin. It is on its last leg. It is interesting to know that the tusker has gone out of the Park. Any idea why?

And the sick old Gaur visiting it everyday, is interesting as well. May be some kind of bonding has happened between them. Look for further updates.
Venkatesh: Thanks for the photo.

Sanjeev Kumar SR
12-04-2009, 10:28 AM
I think I remember a photo of this gent in the water on INW. Any further updates on him?

Sabyasachi Patra
12-04-2009, 09:51 PM
Sanjeev,
Vikram had reported that this old elephant died a day or so after this photo was clicked.