PDA

View Full Version : Yawning

Sabyasachi Patra
13-05-2010, 11:05 PM
This is from Ranthambhore Tiger Reserve. The image was captured with great difficulty. The tiger got up and started moving, triggering a mad rush among the tourist vehicles. The tiger stopped at one spot. I could find a narrow opening with branches all around. To make matters worse, it was a backlight situation. I could feel Nikhilesh trying to jump into my jeep for a better view. ;) Unfortunately, this was the best possible view in that area.

Canon EOS 1D Mark IV, Canon EF 400mm F2.8 L IS USM, EF 2xII, ISO 400, f5.6, 1/250, full frame image.

Cheers,
Sabyasachi

Praveen Siddannavar
14-05-2010, 08:52 AM
Lovely image Sabyasachi, the whiskers and the canines have come out well. There is always a risk involved in off-boarding from the jeep in presence of these wilds animals. I remembered the incident you had mentioned of a person falling in front of the Tiger, I guess he was on Elephant back;)
tfs

Bibhav Behera
14-05-2010, 09:43 AM
Lovely image. I love those canines. The shallow DOF is good. The surrounding vegetation doesn't distract much. I might have preferred a bit more space at the bottom, but given the circumstances, I guess it was either this shot or no shot at all. So this is absolutely fine. Thanks for sharing and keep em coming. :)

Mrudul Godbole
14-05-2010, 10:44 AM
Sharp image. I liked the details. I remember the mad rush that was going on. You captured it really well in the given circumstances. I think I missed out, I have to check, since you had got the best spot :). Thanks for sharing.

Nikhilesh Mahakur
23-05-2010, 08:42 PM
Fantastic capture Sabyasachi!! Very sharp and the details are nice.
Yes, I was all tempted to get onto your vehicle :) though managed to get a few good shots from just behind, though I missed the yawn.