PDA

View Full Version : Glittering pearl(s)

Ruben Alexander
20-05-2010, 08:57 PM
1/60 | f/8.0 | ISO200 | 0 EV | 250 mm

Cyclone Laila unleashed its fury upon the East coast of India. What does it mean for Bangalore? Amazingly beautiful weather with intermittent drizzle, almost like the English summer :D
Took this shot after a brief spell of drizzle in the late evening.

Please view the large pic and give your feedback. Thanks! :)

Abhishek Jamalabad
20-05-2010, 09:20 PM
A good attempt. I like the idea. The all green theme looks good. There is a variety of out-of-focus shapes in the BG. The main subject i.e. the drop could have been sharper.
TFS.

Bibhav Behera
20-05-2010, 09:20 PM
The simplistic composition looks good here. The background is nice and clean. Would have been better to use the stalk along one of the diagonal to strengthen the composition. A bit more sharpness would be better as well. Keep experimenting. Thanks for sharing.

Mrudul Godbole
20-05-2010, 09:25 PM
Nice composition. The details in the drop are nice. I liked the clean green background. I think a pano crop would have worked too. Thanks for sharing.

Sabyasachi Patra
22-05-2010, 04:23 PM
I like the out of focus circles framing the drop from top, right and bottom. Our eyes automatically go to the drop and the background is nearly diffused except for the hint of a leaf at the bottom and the leaf at the bottom left. You have shot this at f8 aperture. Opening up the lens to f5.6 would have ensured a shallow depth of field and a more diffused background.

Look forward to more experiments from you. Thanks for sharing.

Cheers,
Sabyasachi