PDA

View Full Version : Jhurjhura tigress II

Sabyasachi Patra
25-05-2010, 10:14 AM
Another image from my files of the Jhurjhura tigress in Bandhavgarh who met an untimely death, runover by a jeep.

Canon EOS 10D, Canon EF 300mm f4 L IS USM, f4, 1/180, ISO 100, handheld, Full frame image.

It was a warm summer morning. She had killed a Sambar and then moved from the climbers point to the waterhole called suari bah or rajbehera dam. There were a group of school students packed in three gypsys who reached the spot at that moment and were really noisy. On sight of tourist vehicles, she snarled and entered into the waters.

Sabyasachi

Ramesh Gopalswamy
25-05-2010, 01:08 PM
hi Sabyasachi

can't we stop these kind of disturbances haappening to our wild animals.

why the authorities are allowing more number of vehicles for sight seeing. the only motto is to make revenue to the department & credit to the officials. is there any limitations for this nuisance. who is going to stop this???:confused1:

Sabyasachi Patra
25-05-2010, 01:27 PM
Hi Ramesh,
Before this sad incident happened, I had already written to the Hon'ble Minister for MoEF Shri Jairam Ramesh.

We all have to raise our voice to stop these kind of nuisance.

It makes me very sad that people are trying to capture the photos at any cost, without any care for the subject. Please check the discussion here:
http://www.indiawilds.com/forums/showthread.php?p=19725#post19725

I have given details of the authorities for sending petitions. Ultimately, sustained pressure will bear fruit.

Sabyasachi

Mrudul Godbole
25-05-2010, 07:16 PM
Nice composition. I liked the b/w treatment. The light shadow effect is nice. I liked the pose and the pattern in the water.

I agree, pressurising the government to take necessary steps is the only solution. We need to keep sending them mails and reminding.

V S Sankar
25-05-2010, 09:15 PM
Another beautiful image.Looks really wonderful.

India is a nation with teeming mllions.They behave differently in groups than when they are alone.A group of tourists in a Gypsey can become hysterical and make all sorts of nuisance.I dont know what the Government can do.?They have to give tickets to whoever comes to visit a Tiger Reserve.

Regards

Praveen Siddannavar
26-05-2010, 08:05 AM
Beautiful composition, the b/w looks really nice. There is a hint of aggression probably beocz of the noisy crowd.
An unfortunate and sad ending...
tfs

Rahul Parekh
26-05-2010, 01:35 PM
Once again beautiful composition but I missed her tail this time so very much :)

Chitrita Chatterjee
26-05-2010, 02:39 PM
beautiful pic.... and now it looks so poignant.... I remeber seeing this one b4... have u posted a colored version previously...??

Bibhav Behera
27-05-2010, 12:00 PM
This image sure has a nice HDR feel to it even though it isnt one.
I've seen a few of your 10D images and the colours from it seem to be awesome. In later Canon bodies, Ive seen the colours to be a bit muted.

I like the image. It would have been better with the tail in the frame as well. Thanks for sharing.

Ravindra Yadav
07-06-2010, 11:15 PM
Dear Savyasachi ji,
Is this the same tigress who died last month in Bandhavgarh ?

RAVINDRA YADAV

Sabyasachi Patra
08-06-2010, 09:03 AM
This is the same tigress who died after being hit by a jeep.