PDA

View Full Version : Elephant BRT Series...

Praveen Siddannavar
27-05-2010, 08:26 AM
Camera Model Canon EOS 40D, 100-400mm
Tv( Shutter Speed ) 1/60
Av( Aperture Value ) 5
ISO 1250
Focal length 100mm
Full frame & Hand held

Mrudul Godbole
27-05-2010, 11:12 AM
The vertical composition is nice. The details and habitat look good. You could have zoomed out a bit more for some more space on right and in the bottom. It doesn't look very healthy :(. Thanks for sharing.

Bibhav Behera
27-05-2010, 11:47 AM
I agree zooming out a bit more would have been nice. She doesn't seem very healthy I agree. More DOF would have been nice but you were already battling low light. Thanks for sharing.

Lakshminarayanan Nataraja
28-05-2010, 09:40 AM
Good image.

The elephant seems to be enjoying the succulent grass that might have sprouted after the rains.

Careful look reveals numerous flowers and buds of Lantana Camara that are struck on the elephant all around its body..this is how lantana is able to colonize the whole forest.

Elephant looks a little weak, but it is good that she had endured the dry season as bountiful monsoon is round the corner...

Sabyasachi Patra
28-05-2010, 08:29 PM
I agree with Laxminarayanan's observation. At this time of the year, one can find elephants in a skeletal state, if they don't have enough of water and food. Was it in a slope?

Thanks for sharing.

Cheers,
Sabyasachi

Abhishek Jamalabad
29-05-2010, 10:03 AM
I dont mind the tight portrait, but I would have preferred the camera moved slightly to the right to get more space there. If it were possible to avoid the tree trunk at the back, it would have been better. Nice pose and habitat portrayal. TFS.