PDA

View Full Version : Jungle Walk!

Praveen Siddannavar
28-05-2010, 07:42 AM
I shot this image earlier this year in Feb'10 at Kabini, these villagers were walking early morning in the core forest area, probably this was a short route to reach their village. If you notice the lady at the back, she is carrying a small baby as well, no fear whatsoever.

Camera Model Canon EOS 40D, 100-400mm
Tv( Shutter Speed ) 1/250
Av( Aperture Value ) 8
ISO 400
Focal length 130mm
Full Frame & Hand held

V S Sankar
28-05-2010, 12:35 PM
I think this is a common sight in South Indian forests.I have seen such people walking thru the forests Kerala in many places.It looks as if they are just not afraid of the jungle creatures.

A good caputre.

Regards

Lakshminarayanan Nataraja
28-05-2010, 10:23 PM
I trust walking in a city road is actually dangerous than to walk in the forest...

Of course, in elephant jungle there needs to be immense care. Though villagers are accustomed to these walks, now a days there are casualities as they often ignore the basics.
In the picture we can see villagers in bright coloured clothes. This is not ideal jungle walk.

Mrudul Godbole
29-05-2010, 12:51 PM
I agree with Lakshminarayanan, if proper care is taken then it is not so dangerous to walk through jungles. The only animal they are scared of is sloth bears, who can harm or kill if provoked.

Bibhav Behera
29-05-2010, 09:49 PM
I like the way the road leads the eye into the frame. The bright colours of the villagers is a deterrent. Agree that the villagers fear sloth bears a lot. However people should be aware that most animals wouldn't attack unless provoked or threatened.