PDA

View Full Version : Hello

Ravindra Yadav
07-06-2010, 09:12 PM
Hello everybody,
I am RAVINDRA YADAV. I am an engineer by profession who wants to be a full time Tiger conservationist after some years.I love visiting different Tiger Reserves/Wildlife sanctuaries. So far I have visited Ranthombor, Sariska, Kanha, Bandhavgarh,Satpuda,Pench,Melghat,Tadoba,Nagjhira, Sasan Gir etc. Rest are on the plan.
Hoping to find assistance & sharing ideas on this forum.

Regards.

Ravindra Yadav

Sabyasachi Patra
07-06-2010, 11:11 PM
Hi Ravindra,
Welcome to IndiaWilds!

There are more researchers than tigers in India. And there are more so called conservationists than tigers in India. Needless to say that, there is an acute shortage of passionate and good individuals in the conservation arena in India. I am sure you will find the discussions, informations and knowledge shared to your liking.

Look forward to your participation in the discussions.

Cheers,
Sabyasachi

PS: You can post your self photo in this thread so that we can recognise you in the field.

Ravindra Yadav
08-06-2010, 12:17 AM
Dear Savyasachi ji,
I am taking back my sentense regarding willingness to become a Tiger conservationist. Now I think you will be happy.

Ravindra Yadav

Bibhav Behera
08-06-2010, 12:24 AM
Hi Ravindra,
Welcome to Indiawilds...
Look forward to your participation in the forums.

I think you misunderstood what Sabyasachi wanted to say. I believe he meant to say that there are lots of conservationists but few are passionate. "Needless to say that, there is an acute shortage of passionate and good individuals in the conservation arena in India" That would mean that passionate people are always needed... Please do not take it personally. :)

Welcome to the forums.

Sabyasachi Patra
08-06-2010, 09:00 AM
Bibhav has clarified it well. Please check this thread where the Wildlife Institute of India doesn't practice what it preaches:
http://www.indiawilds.com/forums/showthread.php?t=4104

There are numerous examples like that. Eminent researchers holding land, and not willing to part with it to help in creating vital elephant corridor; researchers and/or NGOs supporting projects that harm the environment for the sake of consulting assignments...the list is long.

The situation is grim. Unless the common man takes action, it would be a lost cause.

Your passion will make the difference. Once again Welcome to IndiaWilds!

Cheers,
Sabyasachi

Mrudul Godbole
08-06-2010, 10:43 AM
Hi Ravindra,

Welcome to IndiaWilds.

Its good to hear that you are passionate about wildlife and want to contribute in saving these last wilderness. I hope IndiaWilds will help you along the way. Look forward to share your views and opinions.

Cheers,