PDA

View Full Version : Monsoon Magic

V S Sankar
09-06-2010, 11:10 AM
The southwest monsoon has hit the Kerala cost.Wetter days are ahead.The Monsoon causes havoc and disturbs normal life on many occations.But it also produces some magical situations and moments.I hope to capture a few this season.

Canon 400D,55-250IS,ISO 800,5.6,1/125

Regards

Bibhav Behera
09-06-2010, 12:18 PM
The coconut strands look good. The water droplets are a plus. There seems to be some shake in the image. Without the bright object in the background, the image would have been better. Thanks for sharing.

Mrudul Godbole
09-06-2010, 02:16 PM
The pattern is nice. The drops are captured well. I agree there is a slight movement, so the focus has shifted. You could have composed with less area in the top and more at the bottom. Look forward to more monsoon theme. Thanks for sharing.

Lakshminarayanan Nataraja
10-06-2010, 12:39 PM
I can get the feel of monsoon.

It is indeed special to be in Kerala during the onset of monsoon - a real transformation.

I don't agree that monsoon creates havoc. We have choked the waterways and occupied the flood pans and hence we get this feel.

Of course, the poor people in low lying areas suffer a lot.

Sabyasachi Patra
11-06-2010, 02:47 PM
Agree with Laxminarayanan. The problem with modern towns and cities is the improper drainage systems. Water will always flow from a higher elevation to lower. In most of the cases, we reclaim wetlands, constructs choke the water runoff and create a mess. Take the case of bombay floods due to concretisation and choking the mithi river, especially the bandra-kurla complex. Similarly, the case of New Orleans comes to mind. We unnecessarily blame nature.

A higher depth of field, and sharpness would have been good in this image.

Cheers,
Sabyasachi

V S Sankar
13-06-2010, 09:59 AM
I agree with your comments.My intention was not to blame mother nature.

Monsoon creates floods and normal life is disturbed.Common man blames the government.Many get killed in the fury of nature as has happened very recently in the US.Most of the hard situations created by rains can be avoided as Sabya has pointed out.

But lets look for the magic rather than the tragic......!

Regards