EOS 50d+300 f4 at f4, 1/125 100 ISO,
Full frame
Handheld
Minor tweaking with the levels in DPP

look forward to comments
dipankar

Bibhav Behera
10-06-2010, 02:11 PM
The composition is nice. Including the rear paw fully would have been better. The contact is good. You could have increased the ISO and dialed down the aperture for allowing a higher Depth of Field. The shallow DOF gives a slight feeling of softness. The background is nicely blurred drawing attention to the tiger's face. The colours look good.

Thanks for sharing.

Mrudul Godbole
10-06-2010, 02:35 PM
Apt title. Nice head turn and eye contact. I liked the composition. I am fine with the DOF, as the background is nicely blurred. Agree about including the paw.

Look forward to more from Ranthambore.

Praveen Siddannavar
10-06-2010, 07:43 PM
Wow! Lovely image & nice relaxed pose. I loved the eye contact, the head turn adds to the image
tfs

Sabyasachi Patra
10-06-2010, 08:04 PM
Nice male tiger. I never got to see this male despite spending most of my time there. :-(

ISO 200 would have ensured a higher shutter speed. However, you had sufficient time to explore the sharpness at all the ISOs. This sighting was for half an hour?

I am happy that you didnt artificially increase the white balance (colour temp) to a more yellow tone. That would have resulted in the whites in the background getting a yellow tone and would have distracted.

Thanks for sharing.

Cheers,
Sabyasachi