PDA

View Full Version : Smooth!!! On the rocks!!!

Bibhav Behera
12-06-2010, 09:59 PM
Cropped from top to exclude a bright distraction.

Canon EOS 1000D, 18-55 @ 55mm (Tripod Mounted)
SS 10 sec
F/36
ISO 100

Perhaps the shutterspeed if lower, could have helped me get a bit more detail in the water flow.

Mrudul Godbole
12-06-2010, 10:14 PM
The details on the rocks are nice. I was not able to locate the small waterfall in the centre, as the rocks distract. I would have liked a bit more space in the foreground to see more of the water flow. The clean and smooth water flow looks good. You have any more with a wider composition? Thanks for sharing.

Bibhav Behera
12-06-2010, 10:31 PM
Thanks for the quick reply, Mrudul.
You are right about the waterfall. It wasn't very apparent and was tiny so to speak.
I have a few wider ones but as you rightly pointed out, the waterfall is small and difficult to locate, hence in the wider compositions the effect isn't as good.
Posting the same image without the bottom cropped as requested. Top still cropped to exclude a bright area.

Praveen Siddannavar
12-06-2010, 10:40 PM
Beautiful image Bibhav, the clean and smooth water really looks good. The details on the rock are nice. The tiny water falls looks good too. The green reflection adds to the setting. Overall excellent work.
tfs

Rahul Parekh
14-06-2010, 08:57 AM
Excellent capture. Beautiful and tranquil water...I'll try this in monsoon season :)

Cheers, Rahul

Sabyasachi Patra
14-06-2010, 02:08 PM
I like the scene. However, the green reflection from a tree (?) is slightly distracting. There appears to be a slight tilt and need a counter clock wise rotation. A baby croc on the foreground rock would have been lovely. :D

Abhishek Jamalabad
16-06-2010, 09:39 AM
Nice. I like the feel of the image. I agree the waterfall is difficult to locate. The reflections look good. The green reflection reminds me of an aurora. :).