PDA

View Full Version : Tigress and the cub

Rakesh Agrawal
17-06-2010, 10:20 AM
hi this is from Pench National Park and was shot from the elephant top.This two were sitting in the dried up nallah after having a full meal.
ISO-450,shutter spped-1/500,f-450 with nikon d-3000 and 18-55 lense.I tried to shrpen this image a bit more but due to the lots of grass over the body,it was not looking good.please suggest

Mrudul Godbole
17-06-2010, 11:40 AM
It is difficult to foucs when there is grass infront of the animal. It is better to try manual focussing in this conditions. You could have also tried to move a bit more to the right as there is less grass there. What was the aperture?

Sabyasachi Patra
17-06-2010, 01:05 PM
When the animal is behind grass, you have to look for a position from where the eyes are visible. If the entire face is visible then that would be great. Use manual focus and focus on the tiger. Try to use a narrow aperture ie. f8 or so. A narrow aperture will increase the depth of field and will bring more areas into focus and will give us an idea about the vegetation and the terrain where the animal is.

Cheers,
Sabyasachi

Chitrita Chatterjee
17-06-2010, 02:29 PM
I like this pic.. thanks for sharing..

Bibhav Behera
17-06-2010, 07:57 PM
I agree with Sabyasachi's suggestion. Nice sighting. Thanks for sharing. Look forward to more.