PDA

View Full Version : Amaravathi Dam backwaters

Mohan Raj
18-06-2010, 11:48 AM
This was taken at Amaravathi Dam backwaters. The dam was getting filled up by rain water. The light and shades on the mountains was created by the moving rain clouds.

Mrudul Godbole
18-06-2010, 12:49 PM
Nice play of light and shadow. The water looks good. What were the EXIf details? I think a pano crop would look good too. Thanks for sharing.

Sabyasachi Patra
19-06-2010, 01:14 PM
Nice scene. Less of sky in this case may be better. The shape of the land and colour looks good. Thanks for sharing.

Cheers,
Sabyasachi

Bibhav Behera
20-06-2010, 11:39 PM
Nice scene. Cropping a bit of the sky would strengthen the composition more I feel. The cloud just above the mountain on the extreme left looks good. Thanks for sharing.

Usha Harikrishnan
23-06-2010, 05:09 PM
Nice capture of the light & shadow! Thanks for sharing !!

This photograph brought back childhood nostalgic memories. Amaravati Dam, very close to Coimbatore used to be a regular visit during school vacation days ! Built on Amaravati river, I think, during Kamraj's regime, I can see that the water level seem to be dwindling year by year !! ;-(

V S Sankar
02-07-2010, 10:04 AM
Nice scene and lighting.The "Chinnar" river flows down from Kerala to Tamilnadu and becomes the Amaravati river.I passed thru this place in May this year but the water level was not this much.Since Chinnar is in the rain-shadow region of the Western ghats rainfall is less....Good work.

Regards