20-06-2010, 06:32 PM
Canon EOS 1000D, 55-250mm
Aperture priority mode, f - 9.5
SS - 1/180s
Ev - +1/2
ISO - 800
WB - Cloudy
FL - 116mm

Sharing the series of this event... this was my first shot, it was shot in our Herbal Garden..

Sabyasachi Patra
20-06-2010, 07:03 PM
Did the snake strike from top? Was it in a tree and the prey on ground? How did you sight it? How long did the entire process last?

Moving slightly to the right would have been good as the eye contact would have got enhanced. Thanks for sharing.

Cheers,
Sabyasachi

Dr Hari Venkatesh K R
20-06-2010, 07:16 PM
Sabyasachi ji...

the snake was swinging down from a large Sacred Basil plant (Tulsi).. i was moving around the herbal garden, taking pictures of some plant species, i am not sure about the strike... this was the position in which i had sighted it, within a minute i had managed to take a position to shoot it..the whole process had lasted for around 25 minutes...i couldnt move to the right as there was a stone pillar and branches of Basil were quite visible in the frame.. so had moved little left..
Thank You

Mrudul Godbole
20-06-2010, 10:01 PM
A very rare action photographed. The vertical composition looks good. Its good that you could photograph in such short notice. Look forward to more. Thanks for sharing.

Bibhav Behera
21-06-2010, 12:43 AM
Beautifully done. I like the swollen neck due to the lizard's head. A bit more space at the bottom would have been nice, but its not an image killer. Loving the series. Thanks for sharing.

Abhishek Jamalabad
21-06-2010, 01:30 PM
Lovely, I like the composition. Nicely done.