20-06-2010, 06:53 PM
Canon EOS 1000D - 55 to 250mm
Aperture priority mode, F - 9.5
SS - 1/45
Ev - -1/2
ISO - 400
FL - 250mm
Wb - CLoudy

My second shot i had posted earlier.. with the hind limbs about to be swallowed, this is the 3rd shot (in between when it was swallowing the middle portion of the body, i could'nt get a proper shot as the snake dragged its head into a Basil plant, from which it was swinging down...and all those shots have come out with lots of branches in the fore ground and back ground...i could nt avoid those branches.. once again it moved front and lifted its head to facilitate the comfortable movement of the prey into his trunk, Mean while i was lucky enough to take a few more shots with a clear background). Sharing this shot now...

Sabyasachi Patra
20-06-2010, 07:16 PM
How big is the basil plant?

I know that it is not easy to get a well diffused background. Since the body is parallel to the camera, a shallow aperture ie. wider lens opening f5.6 or would have given you a higher shutter speed and also blurring out the background better. Nice image.

Cheers,
Sabyasachi

Mrudul Godbole
20-06-2010, 10:18 PM
Nice eye contact. The details on the skin look good. The clean background enhances the image further. You normally use White Balance as cloudy, any particular reason? It is normally good to use 'Daylight' as the setting. Thanks for sharing. Look forward to more.

Dr Hari Venkatesh K R
20-06-2010, 10:34 PM
Thank you Sabyasachi ji for the suggestions...i failed to calculate it that time to use a shallow aperture...will keep that in mind from next time...

Mridul... Koppa is a place in W.Ghats, now the SW monsoon is set, so almost it would be cloudy here from June to Early November, based on this i use WB as cloudy... Of course most of my photographs are on Medicinal plants, and i often use WB-Daylight, whenever i come across any zoological species either it would be under a canopy of the clouds or of the huge trees here, not letting direct sunlight fall on it, so i go with WB cloudy at times... thats it and no special reasons otherwise...

Bibhav Behera
21-06-2010, 12:46 AM
Moving a bit to the left would have ensured that you be parallel to the snake's head. However with it swinging, it would have been a challenge. So kudos, well done. Thanks for sharing. Look forward to more.